Vacancy: ASAP Executive Director
AIDS Society of Asia and Pacific (ASAP) is seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated candidates for its Executive Director. Interested applicant may send CV and Cover Letter to Julie H Shin, Assistant to the President at email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2009. Early applications are welcomed. All applications will be individually screened and successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
AIDS SOCIETY OF ASIA AND THE PACIFIC
Vacancy : Executive Director
Location : Bangkok
Duration : 1 year from 1 October 2009 to 30 September 2010
Salary Range : International Level - Commensurate with experience
The AIDS Society of Asia and the Pacific (ASAP) is one of Asia and the Pacific's leading civil society organisations. Its diverse membership includes peak HIV/AIDS bodies, national AIDS organisations, research institutions and regional NGOs throughout the region. These linkages provide ASAP with a unique opportunity to fulfil its Vision, Mission and Objectives through partnership and dialogue.
- Ensure ASAP’s Secretariat supports the Executive Committee and member organisations, such that it continues to strengthen its regional mandate and meets its challenges in the response to HIV and AIDS.
- Oversee the administrative management of the Bangkok Secretariat including the supervision of all staff.
- Execute ASAP’s rules as they relate to all aspects of ASAP’s operations.
- Execute the terms of ASAP’s business plan and strategy, the communications and resource mobilisation strategy and expand or modify current systems for ASAP as required.
- Report periodically to the Senior Management Team of ASAP on overall developments.
- Dialogue with membership and submit reports on key issues to the Executive Committee and Membership as required.
- Liaise with key partners as required.
- Act as key actor to seek fundraising and develop proposals for grants programmes
- Establishment and Develop Communications Plan of Office and Systems
- Manage and coordinate information exchange and act as quality control for ASAP to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timely approvals.
- On the instructions and under the guidance of President of ASAP, act as a key liaison between Bangkok regional office, ASAP Executive Committee and also interact with the donor
- Facilitate interactions with supporting services (e.g., human resources, legal, and international support) on programmatic transactions that require their input or action.
- Serve as key liaison with operations manager and assistant to the President and also be responsible for ASAP finances oversight
- Develop and maintain systems for coordinating and sharing knowledge on ongoing activities funded under the various programmes
- Monitor submission of HIV and AIDS program reports, and assist in formatting and editing narrative reports.
- Prepare periodic reports for the donors and monitor the progress of various actives as per the key performance indicators.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Committee of ASAP
- Organise and participate in meetings. Prepare materials and coordinate logistics.Take minutes, draft meeting reports, and organize follow-up. Develop Management Tools for ASAP/ICAAP
- Consistent with the ASAP’s strengthening role as custodian of ICAAP, further define ASAP’s key responsibilities in the development and execution of ICAAP as it relates to the work of UNAIDS, other stakeholders and partners as well as local organising committees.
- Further develop the ICAAP Management Manual and Guidelines for Hosts
- Develop improved avenues for member organisations to access the ICAAP and more effectively meet the challenges in the regional response to HIV and AIDS.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) in a relevant discipline from a university of repute.
- Demonstrated five years international experience in management systems and supervision of staff.
- Demonstrated experience in international conference organising.
- Demonstrated experience, initiative and enthusiasm about working in the HIV/AIDS sector in Asia and the Pacific.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Excellent English written and oral communications skills, including quality report writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in successful applications (and delivery of funded programmes/projects) for Development Donor funds.
- Excellent references from previous employers.
- Experience in communications, web and data-based systems development in more than one country within the region.
- Demonstrated experience in working with and servicing national and/or regional governance structures
- Fluency in one other regional language apart from English.
ASAP believes in equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, colour, and belief, national or ethnic origin or sexual preference. Women and people living with HIV/AIDS are strongly encouraged to apply.
AIDS Society of Asia and the Pacific
Phayathai Plaza Building, Room 128, Level 9, 101 Phayathai Road, Toong Phayathai,
Ratchathewi District, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand
Bali Convention Centre
- The Theme of the 9th ICAAP is "Empowering People, Strengthening Networks"
- The 9th ICAAP scholarship application is closed
- 9th ICAAP Call For Film Entries
- Freedom of Expression
- Update on Congress Programme
- 9th ICAAP Pre Congress Community Forums
- The Bali Youth Force (BYF)
- Regular registration deadline extended to 14 June
- Submit your late-breaker abstract!
- 9th ICAAP Launches Congress Programme
Menara Eksekutif 8th Floor Jalan MH Thamrin Kav. 9
Phone: +62 21 39838845/46
Fax: +62 21 39838847